November Nagoya GP Trials reminder
Final reminder! This Saturday is the Gatecrash Pro Tour Qualifier in Nagoya at the Higashi Betsuin Kaikan! If you haven’t reserved a spot at BIG MAGIC, do it now! If you can’t, you can still try to show up the day of the event and get in at the door. I expect it to be popular though. The cost is 4000 yen.
I also wanted to give everybody who is planning to travel to Nagoya one more reminder about the GP Trial schedule.
- Sunday, November 4th, 9:30 am at Higashi Betsuin Kaikan. You can reserve a spot at Big Magic. The cost is 1500 yen at the event. Standard, 120 people max
- Saturday, November 10th, 11:30 am at Hobby Station Osu. You can reserve a spot at that Hobby Station now. The cost is 1000 yen at the event. Standard, 46 people max.
- Sunday, November 11th, 9:30 am at Nagoyakowan Kaikan (Nagoya Port event hall). The cost is 1500 yen and you can reserve a spot for this event at Mishimaya. Standard, 140 people max.
- Saturday, November 17th, 9:30 am at Master’s Guild (Hamamatsu, Shizuoka). I’m going to guess the cost is 1500 yen, and the format is standard. Maybe 36 players max?
- Sunday, November 18th, 9:30 am at Higashi Betsuin Kaikan. This event is run by すまいるキングほら貝店 and you can contact them at 052-875-0059 for more information. I’m guessing you can make a reservation there. I’m also going to guess that the cost is 1500 yen and the format is standard.
I believe the November 18th trial is your last chance to get a bye, but I heard that there are usually events at the GP that let you get a last minute bye round. Nagoyakowan Kaikan might be a little hard for some of you to find, so please refer to WoTC’s locator on their website for the best directions. It looks like it’s about a block away from Nagoyako station (the last stop) on the Meiko subway line from Kanamaya station.
The other big location for these trials is Higashi Betsuin Kaikan. Since I live almost across the street from it, it’s pretty easy to get to. Go to Higashi Betsuin station on the Meijo subway line, take exit 4 (the Elevator one), once at street level cross the street towards the TV building, then walk past it. Right behind the TV office should be an even hall of sorts, and it sits in front of a big temple. That’s Higashi Betsuin Kaikan. The event will be on the 2nd floor, so just head up the stairs. The other store locations can be found on my website in the “Magic the Gathering” tab or on Wizard’s locator application as well.
Another reminder, RESERVE A SPOT! I do NOT know how popular these events will be, but if you are serious about taking part in a GP trial, next time you come to Nagoya stop by these stores and reserve a spot for the event. You don’t have to pay anything to do it, but due to the current popularity of Magic around the world, you could lose out on a chance to play some high level Magic before the Grand Prix.
For all those who decide to play, good luck!